Holding a destination wedding can definitely be a memorable experience, however, it can also be stressful and tiring. Especially, when you don’t exactly know what etiquettes you should observe in a particular destination or what you should and should not do while planning the biggest day of your life away from home. Today, we are going to share few important dos and don’ts of your destination wedding planning.
1. Visit the Venue: Pay a visit to the site. If it’s difficult at this stage, ask your wedding coordinator to do it on your behalf.
2. Stick to Your Budget: It can be difficult but very important to stick to your budget. Pad your budget, because you never know when the unexpected expenses creep up.
3. Keep in Mind, less is More: A big plus of holding a destination wedding is that often the location is so stunning that it does not need to have decoration. So its better to keep in simple and avoid overdoing the décor.
4. Negotiate the Prices: Everything is negotiable! When it comes to sticking to your budget, negotiate the best possible rate with the vendors. Stay flexible with the rates, you never know you end up with lesser prices than your budget.
5. Reach Your Destination Few Days Before: Be mindful of the time and reach your wedding destination four to five days before the wedding. This way you will have sufficient time to review the details and run pending errands.
1. Hire vendors without writing it on a piece of paper: When you hire vendors, don’t assume that they will fulfill what they have committed to you. Having it written on a piece of paper will not let them forget about their promises.
2. Skip Photography: Photography is one of those aspects that you should not skip after all this is how you are going to preserve these beautiful moments of your life. Think of the ways to cut corners but keep photography must-do in your wedding task list.
3.Ship Important Things: if your destination is somewhere abroad, don’t send your wedding dress, jewelry or any other valuable through shipment. Instead, keep these things with you.
4.Over Plan Your Guests: you don’t need to over plan for your guess. A few fun activities are good to keep them entertained but it should not include too many activities, it would steal the
5.Fret: Nothing is perfect! If something goes wrong despite all the preparation, no need to worry. Enjoy the moment and have fun.